This is the culmination of your educational work: Getting the job or internship! We encourage you to work just as hard at identifying potential employers, making the contacts, and following through as you did for any class project.
There are some basic steps to be taken:
Make an appointment with a Career and Internship Services professional to create a resume---
- Establish a target date for getting a job/internship
- Determine how much time you can devote to your search
- Review all search strategies including online, networking, career fairs, etc.
- Follow up quickly with any opportunities that come to you
- Have your resume and cover letters available at all times
- Always follow up interviews with a thank you note
- Create a business card used for networking events and contacts
Below are some helpful links in aiding with your job/internship search.
The Panther Career Network is exclusively for High Point University students and alumni. Jobs are posted directly by the employer or through Career & Internship Services.
Panther Career Network, powered by College Central Network, allows students and alumni to access full-time, part-time, summer, and International Home Furnishings Market jobs as well as internships and volunteer opportunities targeted especially to High Point University students.
Linkedin, One of the top networking and recruiting tools used in business today. Join Now! Become a member of the HPU Career and Internship Group
The National Association of Colleges and Employers (NACE) is the leading source of information on the employment of college-educated professionals. NACE connects students with more than 3,000 HR/staffing professionals. Use High Point University's connection to NACElink® to find a job.
Bright.com - http://www.bright.com
Bright.com helps you to connect your job search to your family, friends and alumni network. Bright’s unique job search engine shows you what jobs are available at companies where your friends work. Bright has over 800 Jobs in High Point.